The British Film Institute's Screenwriting Academy is for YOU if you are aged between 16-19 years and have a passion for scriptwriting. This course has been designed to give you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet experts, write scripts, learn practical skills and meet like-minded people. We accept applications from any 16-19 year old living in the UK. No educational qualifications are needed, just a passion for writing!
The British Film Institute’s Screenwriting Academy will have two weekend residentials and additional online sessions. During the course you will work in a group to write a short script and on your own to write a monologue.
Here's a trailer to get you excited about taking part: https://vimeo.com/534385361/1fd4cba301
- Workshops, Q&A’s and master classes with award winning scriptwriters, producers and development execs.
- Group tutor support with professional scriptwriters
- Becoming a BFI Alumni with opportunities for future work experience.
- A live read-through of your group script with professional actors at the end of the course where you can invite family and friends.
- Filming of your individual monologue read by an actor. You will receive this clip at the end of the course.
Introductory residential weekend: 23rd-25th July 2021.
Online sessions: 27th July, 29th July, 3rd August, 5th August, 10th August, 12th August, 17th August, 19th August
Final residential weekend and read-through :27th-29th August 2021
Venue for residential weekends: Debden House Conference & Camping Centre, Debden Green, Loughton, Essex IG10 2NZ.
Fees: £50. Please note we operate a bursary scheme for fees and travel. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. This fee includes the cost of staying at the residential and food and drink.
- You must be aged between 16-19 years at the start of the course
- You must be able to attend all the dates.
- You must have a passion for scriptwriting.
- You must NOT be at university.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 13th June